The Password suite of online English language tests have been designed by leading academics in testing and assessment to balance the desire for speed, convenience and accessibility with the need for accurate and reliable results. Tests span CEFR levels A1 - B2.
Password tests are securely delivered and assessed online, at times convenient to the test-taker, and test-takers receive instant test results.
The Password tests have been designed by the Centre for Research in English Language Learning and Assessment (CRELLA) at the University of Bedfordshire. Since its inception, CRELLA, directed by Professor Cyril Weir, has established an international reputation as a centre for development of and research into English language testing.
All Password tests:
- are a test of English language knowledge
- have thousands of questions in the Password data base
- are unique and randomised for each test taken
- use a secure browser for security (‘locking down’ the computer during the test)
- have clear examples of question types before each section
- have a user- friendly visual navigation menu
- display a clock indicating time remaining
- deliver instant results and certificates which can be co-branded
- offer online reports and verification of test results
Password tests offer a cost effective and reliable way of accessing the level of English language knowledge of students.